1. De-clutterBefore you start your interior design process, de-clutter your room. You will also need to pick a theme or colour scheme for your room prior to designing so that everything stays in the style. Be prepared to say goodbye to some of the things in the room, but believe us it’s worth it.
2. High Street HomesSome of the best pieces of furniture and accessories come from high street shops. Whether it’s a lampshade or cushions, your interior design is even more do-able with a high street price tag. Check out all of the best, well-known high street home stores before you begin to decorate and save, save, save!
3. Statement PieceHave a statement piece in each of your rooms. This will give a showstopping finish to your room leaving your guests thinking ‘Just wow’. And that’s what you want, right? Go for a bold colour, unique pattern or vibrant accessory and work it within your design.
4. Choose the Right ColourIf you’re working with a small room, paint it in a softer, lighter colour as this will give the impression that the room is larger. For small rooms, avoid dark colours as it will make the room appear smaller than it already is. With larger rooms, work it to your advantage and even try out a feature wall.
5. MirrorsNo room is finished without a stunning mirror. So why not go all out with a decorative mirror to instantly add light to the room? Your mirror will make small spaces feel larger as well as adding natural light. Plus, with more natural light in the room, you will warm up the feeling of the room much easier.
For your bedroom, why not invest in a Hollywood mirror? The light bulbs can help to add sparkle and glamour, whilst making it easier for the ladies to apply make-up or do their hair in a more professional light.